Four world records broken in Downtown Dubai
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Downtown Dubai deserves its own chapter in the Guinness Book of World Records!
Biggest OLED display
The Dubai Mall takes the crown for the world’s largest OLED display screen – no surprise considering the mall itself is the second largest in the world.
- 820 OLED panels, each 55 inches large were used to build it. Total surface area spans 709 square metres – enough to park 60 mid-sized sedans.
- The display comprises 1,700,352,000 pixels, or enough to fill over 750 typical cinemas. It’s visible from all three floors of the mall.
The tallest man-made structure ever, Burj Khalifa rivals three Eiffel Towers or two Empire State Buildings stacked over the other.
It can hold 10,000 people – nearly the entire population of Judenburg, Austria.
Largest light and sound show on a building
The unprecedented new year festivities of 2018 made certain that Burj Khalifa would go down in history. The spectacle spanned an area of over 109,000 square metres – the size of 20 football fields! Over 80 musicians from the UAE were involved in composing the music. Preparations took more than five months to perfect.
The 2018 Emaar New Year’s Eve offered a unique take on its entertainment, choreographing a multimedia light and sound show to ring in the New Year rather than its traditional firework display. The evening marked another Guinness World Record for ‘largest light and sound show organized on a single building’ and was live-streamed on Twitter.
Largest choreographed fountain
The Dubai Fountain’s impressive light and sound display makes it the world’s largest choreographed fountain.
- 6,600 lights and 50 coloured projectors portray over 1,000 water expressions. Water jets are blasted to the height of a 45-storey tower – over 500 feet.
- The layout of nozzles comprises five circular arrangements, connected by two arcs. Over 83,000 litres of water are in the air at any moment when in operation.
- It’s 275 metres long, residing within the 30-acre Burj Lake.