The Jointly Owned Property Law regulations and directions dictate that the community manager must maintain a minimum level of insurance including property insurance, public liability, fidelity guarantee, and board members’ liability.

Your building is insured for accidental, physical loss and damage or destruction to the property, this includes (but is not limited to) fire, lightning, aircraft damage, explosion, earthquake, riot, strike, malicious damage, storm, flood as well as bursting or overflowing of water apparatus/tanks/pipes. The cover is also extended to include the cost of rent for alternative accommodation, and public liability for injury to third parties for loss of or damage to third party property.
Finally, we have you covered against political violence: your building is insured against loss or damage liability for injury to third parties or for loss of or damage to third party property by an act or series of acts of sabotage and terrorism, malicious damage, riots, strikes, civil commotion, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, coup d’état, insurrection or mutiny and war.
Important: Coverage excludes loss or damage to homeowner’s / tenant’s personal belongings, including modifications made on fittings that were not originally provided as part of the unit.

It is highly recommended that you take out adequate insurance on the contents of your unit, including any modifications made to the original unit, for example, park flooring. The insurance maintained by the community manager only covers the structure of the building, therefore contents such as your furniture, electrical appliances, curtains, and carpets, would not be covered.
Homeowners can suffer significant losses when their personal property is not insured if there is a fire, unexpected events, natural calamities, water damage or even accidental damage. Please make sure you protect your home and belongings with a contents insurance policy. This can be done easily; often all you need to do is complete a simple proposal form – usually, insurance companies offer guidelines for this. We encourage you to contact any local insurance company, broker or bank that offers home contents insurance. Please refer to the community rules.