A sustainable micro-city that is Dubai Marina
We love Earth, and we’re always looking for ways to be more sustainable.
Being green in our operations
- 50 million litres of water was saved in 2018 (enough to fill 20 Olympic-sized swimming pools)
- 114 tonnes of waste was diverted for recycling last year (as heavy as 60 full-grown African elephants)
- 22 million kWh of electricity was conserved in 2018 (did you know it could power 2,000 homes for 365 days?)
How do we do it?
- Aerators are fitted on all taps in the washrooms and changing rooms near amenities.
- Treated water is used for irrigating lawns, parks, shrubs and green spaces in the community.
- Using IoT and with the help artificial intelligence, our systems kick in to save and conserve energy wherever possible. A typical example is when there are fewer people in common corridors, fan speeds are reduced to conserve energy.
- We’ve switched to LED to save us some AED! Most lights in the community are LEDs owing to its longer life, less heat, better illumination and low operational costs.
- We recycle. Recycling bins are all over the community – in Dubai Marina Mall, in your community’s common areas, in the parking levels, and at the Promenade.
- Motion detectors in our lift lobbies, stairwells and parking levels help us control lighting only when residents are in the vicinity. (P.S. Lights here don’t need to be lit for up to 80% of the day!)