Here are a few things you can do to secure your home before leaving for vacation
In an emergency, dial 997 for Dubai Civil Defence or 999 for Dubai Police.
It’s crucial that you take precautions to ensure your home is always protected against fire hazards
Did you know? It is an offense punishable by law if your detectors are not working properly or they have been obstructed, as this poses a risk to the entire community.
If you run into plumbing or electrical hitches in and around your home, here are a few points to keep in mind:
Here are some tips from our landscaping team to help you keep your landscaping lush and healthy:
- Maintain a mowing height of 2.5 to 3 inches but during summer, increase this to 3 or 3.5 inches to reduce water loss from your soil.
- Check your irrigation system for leaks periodically.
- Water your landscaping as per its requirements and not just every day.
- Apply water directly to the roots of plants to minimise evaporation and water runoff.
- Avoid mid-day watering – instead, water in the early hours before sunrise to lessen water loss through evaporation and daytime winds.
- Choose plants that are native to the arid climate of the Middle East and require less water such as desert rose, flame trees, bougainvillea, neem, palms and hibiscus.
- Make adjustments to watering durations as needed; for example, shaded or protected areas may need less water than patches that are always under the sun.
- For better efficiency, install a drip irrigation system to minimise evaporation.
- Water brown spots by hand and check your irrigation system; lawns usually develop brown spots because of faults in the sprinkler system.