It’s crucial that you take precautions to ensure your home is always protected against fire hazards
- Conduct regular maintenance of the smoke/heat detectors within your apartment.
- Refrain from smoking in non-designated areas.
- Never throw cigarette butts from your balcony.
- Do not dispose of flammable materials (including cigarette butts) down the garbage chute.
- Do not barbecue or smoke shisha at your balcony.
- Never store flammable liquids/materials in your allocated parking in the basements or on balconies.
- Familiarise yourself with the evacuation plans in your building.
- Ensure you take part in the annual fire drill conducted in your building.
- Never obstruct fire doors or attempt to keep fire doors open.
- Never allow children to access fire equipment cupboards or tamper with emergency equipment and signs.
Did you know? It is an offence punishable by law if your detectors are not working properly or they have been obstructed, as this poses a risk to the entire community.