As required by Jointly Owned Property Law regulations and directions, the community manager must maintain a minimum level of insurance. This includes:
Property insurance
Public liability
 Fidelity guarantee
 Board members’ liability
Your building is insured for accidental, physical loss, and damage or destruction to the property. The perils covered include but are not limited to fire, lightning, aircraft damage, explosion, earthquake, riot, strike, malicious damage, storm, flood as well as bursting or overflowing of water apparatus/tanks/pipes.
The cover is also extended to include the cost of rent for alternative accommodation, in addition to public liability for injury to third parties for loss of or damage to third party property.
Finally, we have you covered against political violence. Your building is insured against loss or damage liability for injury to third parties or for loss of or damage to third party property by an act or series of acts of sabotage and terrorism, malicious damage, riots, strikes, civil commotion, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, coup d’état, insurrection or mutiny and war.
Important: Coverage excludes loss or damage to homeowner’s/tenant’s personal belongings, including modifications made on fittings that were not originally provided as part of the unit.

It is highly recommended that you take out adequate insurance on the contents of your unit, including any modifications made to the original unit, for example, park flooring. The insurance maintained by the community manager only covers the structure of the building. Therefore, contents such as your furniture, electrical appliances, curtains, and carpets, would not be covered. Homeowners can suffer significant losses when their personal property is not insured if there is a fire, unexpected events, natural calamities, water damage, or even accidental damage.
So please make sure you protect your home and belongings against the unexpected, with a simple, straightforward Contents Insurance policy.
Insuring household contents can be done easily by opting for a home insurance plan – applying for one is simple. Often all you need to do is complete a proposal form including your name, location of the property, and the sum you wish to insure your home for – usually insurance companies offer guidelines for this and you can add up the value of the contents of your home for comparison too. We encourage you to contact any local insurance company, broker or bank that offers home contents insurance.
Please refer to the Community Rules.