It’s crucial that you take precautions to ensure your home is always protected against fire hazards:
- Conduct regular maintenance of the smoke/heat detectors within your apartment.
- Refrain from smoking in non-designated areas.
- Never throw cigarette butts from your balcony.
- Do not dispose of flammable materials (including cigarette butts) down the garbage chute.
- Do not barbecue or smoke shisha at your balcony.
- Never store flammable liquids/materials in your allocated parking in the basements or on balconies.
- Familiarise yourself with the evacuation plans in your building.
- Ensure you take part in the annual fire drill conducted in your building.
- Never obstruct fire doors or attempt to keep fire doors open.
- Never allow children to access fire equipment cupboards or tamper with emergency equipment and signs.
- Did you know? It is an offence punishable by law if your detectors are not working properly or they have been obstructed, as this poses a risk to the entire community.